For some reason, Instagram doesn’t take into consideration line breaks and spaces between paragraphs in your captions.
But it doesn’t mean that you can’t do it.
You can use Preview app.
Write your Instagram captions with line breaks and spaces between paragraphs in the app. Then post on Instagram. And you’re done!
Before we dive in, here’s a quick intro in case you don’t know about Preview.
Preview is an app to plan your feed, rearrange the order of your posts, schedule posts, edit your photos, find hashtags (and much more). Since you can schedule your posts in Preview, it means that you can write a caption.
The beauty of Preview is that it automatically takes into consideration the line breaks in captions.
First, click here to download Preview.
Then just follow these 3 steps:
Step 1. Upload your photo in Preview
You need a photo if you want to write a caption for a photo.
To upload a photo:
- Press on the “+” button
- Select “Library”
- Choose your photo / video
Your photo will appear in Preview. Now, let’s write your caption.
Step 2. Write your caption with spaces / line breaks
To write your caption:
- Press on a photo
- Select the “speech bubble” icon at the bottom of the screen
- Write your caption as you normally would
You don’t have to do anything else. Just write your caption and hit “enter” when you want to create a paragraph. Preview automatically takes into consideration the space between your paragraphs.
Step 3. Share your post on Instagram
Time to share your photo and caption on Instagram.
- Select the photo
- Press on the “share” button
- Select “Copy to Instagram”
- Select “Feed”
Preview will automatically copy the caption with line breaks for you.
- The Instagram app will open up
- Paste your caption on Instagram
Don’t forget to paste your caption on Instagram. You need to do this manually because Instagram doesn’t allow automatic pasting at the moment.
- Instagram is funny with line breaks.
- It doesn’t recognise the line breaks if you use an emoji or a little space before or after a line break.
- Do not add a little space after your full stop or before you hit “enter” to go to the next paragraph.
- Do not use an emoji just before you hit “enter” to go to the next paragraph.
Have fun writing your captions!