Are you ready for the ultimate Instagram fall photo ideas list?
I’ve gathered some of the most creative Instagram fall photo ideas.
You’ll see beautiful fall pictures that you can create with leaves, pumpkins, at home and outdoors.
I’ll also be sharing filters (in Preview App) that you can use to create an autumn theme on Instagram.
You can use the filters to make your fall colors pop even more (which is awesome to get people’s attention on the Explore page – if it pops, people’s eyes will naturally go to your photo, and therefore to your account).
And if you need fun and creative captions for fall: Click here.
I found that the “Food” filter pack is awesome for fall photos (especially Filter 1 if you have a yellow leaf, and Filter 4 if you want a traditional “warm orange” feed)
Instagram fall photo idea #4. Leaf Perspective
This is one of the best fall photo ideas you can create because it’s super easy to do and it really grabs people’s attention on the Instagram Explore page.
There are 2 ways to create a photo like this:
- Place your camera far away from you, ask a friend to go near the camera and place the leaf somewhere on you (as a skirt for example) and take a photo, or
- Edit 2 photos on top of each other. Take 2 photos: one of yourself standing far away from the camera; and one of your hand holding the leaf closer to the camera. Edit the 2 photos together using your favorite editing software and you’re done!
Filter recommendations to make your photo pop even more:
- “Orange” Filter Pack: if you want to create a strong, orange Instagram feed (especially filter 1 and 7 in the pack – filter 7 is perfect to create an orange vintage feed).
- “Fun” Filter Pack: to create a colorful, orange feed.
- “Teal and Orange” Filter Pack: Wow, wow wow. These filters are a-ma-zing for fall! If you want to create a strong and very unique Instagram feed, check out these filters. I 100% recommend the Teal and Orange filters if you want make your photos POP on the Explore page. You will definitely catch people’s attention with these colours.
Instagram fall photo idea #5. Magical Flying Leaf
If you love to edit photos, you can create a magical photo with leaves. Imagine the leaves are balloons and you are floating in the sky.
Instagram fall photo idea #7. Dance under the trees
This is a beautiful classic Instagram fall photo. You can take a photo like this at the start of fall to start your fall content.
Stand next to trees and let their colors fill up your screen.
You can stand in the middle of an empty road. Stand still or move to create more natural movement in your photo.
Instagram fall photo idea #8. Lie down on the ground
Find a spot with a lot of leaves on the ground and lie down.
This is such an awesome picture idea. Simple and fast to take.
Quick tip: You can check how your edited photo looks like with the rest of your Instagram feed in your Preview App, like this:
Instagram fall photo idea #9. Leaf “snow” angel
One of my favorite photo idea: the “Snow Angel” in fall.
Instagram fall photo idea #10. Hide your face behind a leaf
Find a leaf and hide your entire face, or part of your face behind it.
- “Makeup” filter pack if you want natural colors
- “Cream” filter pack if you want to create a soft and natural feed (Filter 12 if you want the “Blogger” look)
- “Winter” filter pack for different color vibes (orange, natural, brown, vintage)
Here’s an example of a photo using Filter 2 in the “Winter” filter pack. I love how it brings out the oranges and makes the photo look warmer (perfect for fall):
Instagram fall photo idea #11. Make a leaf bouquet
Gather a lot of leaves and hold them in your hand like you would hold a bouquet of flowers.
Instagram fall photo idea #12. Feet selfie with the leaves
Take a picture from above and let the leaves fill up your screen.
Instagram fall photo idea #13. Leaves sticking under your shoes
If you want to get a bit more creative, you can stick leaves under your shoes.
You can write words on the leaves, and then stick them under your shoes.
Or you can cut the leaves into different shapes (like hearts) to make the photo look even cuter.
Instagram fall photo idea #16. Fall hair
Another super creative fall picture idea I saw is this one:
Lie down on the ground (or in your bed).
Cover your hair with leaves.
This will definitely get people’s attention in their feed.
Instagram fall photo idea #17. Make a heart
Find a place with a lot of leaves on the ground and create a heart shape. Just like you would do with sand on the beach.
Instagram fall photo idea #18. Heart eyes
You can also cute little hearts out of the leaves and place them in front of your eyes for a cute fall selfie.
Instagram fall photo idea #19. Blow a leaf kiss
Place leaves in your hands and blow a kiss to the camera.
Instagram fall photo idea #21. Write on a leaf
You can write a quote, a pun or a poem on a leaf.
Instagram fall photo idea #24. Shadow of a leaf
One of my favorite fall photo idea: go near a window and take a photo of your shadow holding a leaf (or even a pumpkin).
If you want an orange hue on your photo, you can take the photo during sunset. Or you can use a filter with an orange vibe after (like a Filter in the “Orange” filter pack or Filter 4 in the “Food” pack in Preview).
Instagram fall photo idea #25. Write words with leaves
You can also gather a bunch of leaves and write words with them.
- For a “Brown” vibe: Filter 4, 6 and 8 in the “Winter” filter pack
- “Brown” filter pack
Instagram fall photo idea #26. Sit on a pumpkin
Now let’s look at some pumpkin pictures.
The first idea is to sit on a pumpkin.
- “Orange” filter pack
- “Winter” filter pack
Instagram fall photo idea #28. Hold baby pumpkins
Find a tiny pumpkin.
Here are some fun photo ideas with tiny pumpkins:
- Hold it next to your head
- Hold in your hands
- Hold them in front of your eyes
Instagram fall photo idea #29. Hide your head behind a Pumpkin
Find a pumpkin that will fit the size of your head.
Tip: You can also draw a face on the pumpkin to make your photo look extra fun and personal.
Instagram fall photo idea #30. Pumpkin on top of your head
You can place the pumpkin on top of your head.
Instagram fall photo idea #31. Pumpkin photo with friends
Here’s a fall photo idea you can do with friends: hold pumpkins in front of your faces for the ultimate pumpkin selfie.
Instagram fall photo idea #32. Carve a pumpkin
You can take a photo or video of yourself carving a pumpkin.
Instagram fall photo idea #35. Fall nails
Show off your fall nail colors.
- “Nail” filter pack
- “Cream” filter pack (Filter 12)
Instagram fall photo idea #37. Fall outfit flatlay
You can also create a “flatlay” of your outfit.
Lay the outfit in an aesthetic way on the bed or on the floor.
- “Moody” filter pack to create a moody vibe
- “Food” filter pack (filter 4 to create the traditional “warm orange” fall vibes, and filters 9 and 10 to create moody vibes)
- “Winter” filter pack to create a warm brown feed (filter 8 and 9)
- “Blogger” filter pack (filter 10 for a warm, “red-ish” feed that flatlay lovers use a lot)
Here is an example of a moody transformation using Filter 10 in the “Food” filter pack. As always, you need to imagine your entire Instagram feed with the same vibe to make your followers go “wow”. A filter will create the atmosphere on your feed.
Instagram fall photo idea #39. Flatlay in bed
Instagram fall photo idea #41. Favorite fall meal
Wow, you made it to the end 🙂
Did you find any photo ideas you’d like to try on your account?
Tag us @preview.app on your photo so we can check it out on Instagram!