There are many different art Instagram hashtags in the app
I’m going to show you:
- Where to find the hashtags in Preview
- Artists hashtags
- Drawing, cartoon, comic, doodle, sketch hashtags
- Painting hashtags
- Watercolor hashtags
- Digital art hashtags
- Illustration hashtags
- Mindful Art hashtags
- Art Business hashtags (if you sell your artwork)
- Home decor hashtags (if home lovers are your ideal customers)
- Hashtags based on the subject
I’ll share hashtag tips as we go (like how to mix hashtags, and what hashtags you can use if you want to sell your art).
Before I show you the Instagram hashtags for artists, let me show you where to find the hashtags in the app:
Where are the Instagram hashtags for artists in Preview?
As you can see, you can plan your Instagram feed in Preview.
And then you can choose your hashtags too, like this.
Open your caption in Preview:
So there are no super random hashtags or super general hashtags in the app.
These are the hashtags that the art community on Instagram use or have created to connect with each other.
Let’s look at some of the most popular Instagram hashtags for artists.
Instagram hashtags for artists (including art feature hashtags)
In there, you can find some of the best Instagram hashtags for art.
There are what I would call the “core” art hashtags. These are the most popular art hashtags the artists community uses on Instagram. There are also hashtags to help you get featured on other people’s accounts (art feature accounts).
Instagram hashtags for drawing
Feel free to mix some hashtags from the “Art” hashtags category with the “Drawing” hashtag category. This way you can make up your own, unique hashtag group.
Instagram hashtags for Painting
Same as before, you can:
- Use all the hashtags from the “Painting” hashtag group only, or
- Mix some of the “Painting” hashtags + “Art” hashtags
Instagram hashtags for watercolor
They are some of the best hashtags used by popular watercolor artists.
Instagram hashtags for digital art
Many people who share digital art also use “Art” hashtags.
So once again, don’t hesitate to mix hashtags from these categories to create your own, unique hashtag group.
Instagram hashtags for illustration
Illustrators usually mix the “Illustration” hashtags with other hashtags from other hashtag groups.
Hashtag Formula recommendations:
- Use only the hashtags in the “Illustration” hashtag group
- Mix some hashtags from “Illustration” + “Art“
- Mix some hashtags from “Illustration” + “Digital Art“
- Mix some hashtags from “Illustration” + “Drawing“
- Mix some hashtags from “Illustration” + “Sketch“
- Mix some hashtags from “Illustration” + “Portrait“
You get the idea. Feel free to mix the hashtags that fit the most for your account and what you drew.
Instagram hashtags for mindful art
You can check these hashtag groups:
- Mindful Art
- Meditation (to connect with the meditation community on Instagram, who will probably enjoy watching your art – and who could be ideal customers if you wish to sell your art)
- Wellness (same as meditation, this community will probably enjoy your content and be potential buyers)
Hashtags for Art Business
- “Small Business” hashtags
- “Handmade Business” hashtags
- “Creative Business” hashtags
- “Etsy” hashtags
- Use all the “Small business” hashtags only
- Use all the “Handmade business” hashtags only
- Use all the “Creative Business” hashtags only
- Mix some of the “Small business” + “Handmade Business” hashtags
- Mix some of the “Small business” + “Etsy” hashtags
Mix some of the “Small business” + “Art” hashtags
Hashtags for Home Decor
So type “Home” in the search bar of the app to see all the recommended hashtags for home.
For example, you could use these hashtag groups:
- “Handmade Home”
- “Home Decor”
- “Interior Designer”
- “Living Room”
Instagram art hashtags based on the subject
You could also use hashtags that are based on the subject in your art.
For example, if you create art that is based on the “beach“, the “ocean” “summer“, you can use the “Beach”, “Ocean” and “Summer” hashtags. This way, people who consume this content on Instagram can find your art.
Have a ton of fun planning your awesome posts and sharing your art!
See you on the app!