An Instagram Puzzle Feed is one of our favorite Instagram feed layouts.
It looks complicated to create, but it’s actually super simple.
And to make it even simpler, we created 6 beautiful Instagram Puzzle Feed templates for you.
- You don’t need Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- You can fully customize the templates
- Your can choose your own colors
All you need is:
- A free tool called “Canva”
- Your photos, and
- Preview app
Please read the tutorial very carefully.
We are making the templates free for everyone, all around the world. We want to make sure nobody breaks the templates. So please, follow this tutorial carefully.
The tutorial is super easy.
Just follow these steps:
1. Create a Canva account
Canva is a simple design tool. It has a website and an app.
To keep things super simple, I recommend you use Canva on your computer (not the app). It will be easier to create your puzzle feed on your computer.
If you don’t have an account with Canva yet, click here to create one.
If you already have one, login now.
Then, go to step 2.
2. Click on the link to get the Puzzle Feed Template
I will give you the link below.
Please read the full tutorial first to make sure you understand exactly how to use the template and how to split your images perfectly.
3. Edit your Instagram Puzzle Feed template
Once you have made a copy of the templates, you can edit your copy.
It’s yours! Choose one of the 6 templates.
Feel free to:
- Upload your own images
- Change the colors of the background
- Write your own text
The sky is the limit!
Once you are happy with the look of your Puzzle Feed, it’s time to save it.
4. Save your Instagram Puzzle Feed on your computer
To download your Puzzle Feed, press on the “Download” button, on the top right corner of your screen.
You can download it in PNG or JPG. Any will work.
Tip: Check what page your Instagram Puzzle Feed is on. For example, “Template 6: Arty” is on page 18. Select the exact page you need to download.
5. Send the Puzzle Feed image to your phone
Now send your big Puzzle Feed image to your phone. You can:
- Message the image to yourself
- Email it to yourself
- Airdrop it to your phone
Or any other way you can think of.
6. Split your image in grids using Preview app
Preview is the most used Instagram Planner in the world.
It has an image splitter tool.
You can use Preview on your computer and on the phone app.
Let’s use the phone app to split your big image.
Here is how to split your big image into perfect Instagram posts:
- Open your Preview app
- Press on the “+” button
- Press on “Split image”
- Choose your big image from your camera roll / gallery
- Choose the second last grid split option
Each individual image will appear in your Preview feed, ready to be posted on Instagram.
7. Move the images to re-create your Puzzle Feed
If you need, you can move the order of the individual images within the grid.
This is handy if you want to add more posts in your Preview feed, or if the images are not in the right order.
Preview allows you to see how your feed will exactly look like before you post on Instagram.
So if you need to, you can move the posts around.
- Drag and Drop: Hold your finger on a post and drag it somewhere else in your feed
- Swap: Select 2 posts and press on the “arrow” button
8. How to post your Puzzle Feed grids on Instagram
You have two options:
- Post manually, or
To post manually:
- Press on the post you want to post
- Press on the “Share” button
What is auto-post?
Set a day and time and Preview will automatically post your image and caption on Instagram.
- Press on the post you want to schedule
- Press on the “Notes” button
- Write your caption and hashtags
- Turn on “Schedule Post”
- Turn on “Auto-Post”
Tip: Post in the right order or schedule your posts in the right order. Start posting / scheduling the first post that is on the bottom right corner first. Then move your way left and up as you continue posting. This will make sure your Puzzle Feed gets re-created on Instagram perfectly.
Download your free puzzle feed templates
Ready to finally get your free Instagram puzzle feed templates?